[MOL] Fw: I asked God...... [01977] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Fw: I asked God......

-----Original Message-----
From: dhcobbco@mindspring.com <dhcobbco@mindspring.com>
To: Davis & Laurie Poole <dlpooleparty@mindspring.com>
Date: Thursday, April 15, 1999 9:26 AM
Subject: Fw: I asked God......

I asked God.........

I asked God to take away my pain.  God said, No. It is not for me
to take away, but for you to give it up.

I asked God to make my handicapped child whole.   God said, No. Her
spirit was whole, her body was only temporary.

I asked God to grant me patience.  God said, No. Patience is a by-product
of tribulations, it isn't granted, it is earned.

I asked God to give me happiness.  God said, No. I give you
blessings, Happiness is up to you.

I asked God to spare me pain.  God said, No. Suffering draws you apart
from worldly cares and brings you closer to me.

I asked God to make my spirit grow.  God said, No.
You must grow on your own, but I will prune you to make you fruitful.

I asked for all things that I might enjoy life.  God said, No. I will
give you life so that you may enjoy all things.

I ask God to help me LOVE others, as much as he loves me. God said...
Ahhhh, finally you have the idea.