[MOL] Mother Detained in House Cleaning Incident [01909] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Mother Detained in House Cleaning Incident

Forwarded by
Grandtime@aol.com (Rich Kuchinsky)

Mother Detained in House Cleaning Incident
----------
BERKELEY, CA - Joanna Smith, a 43 year old mother of 2, was detained
by police after her 12 year old son notified Child Protective
Services (CPS) that she had threatened to punish him if he didn't
clean his room. Maggie Moondust, a CPS spokesperson defended the
decision to call police when she told BNN, "Parents need to realize
that they just can't force their will on their children. Threats of
consequential punishment for non-compliance is child abuse."

When asked what type of discipline CPS approved of, Moondust said,
"We do not condone any form of discipline. Discipline is negative. It
destroys self-esteem and tells children that being bigger makes it
okay to force your will on someone smaller than you. Instead we have
decided to intercede on behalf of any child whose parents do not
utilize our pre-approved positve parenting techniques."

Moondust allowed our BNN correspondent to view the 376 page book on
CPS approved parenting techniques. In the chapter entitled 'Chores'
the book recommends taking your child to a local restaurant and
explaining the positive benefits of a clean home. Then ask your child
in a positive tone if he or she would like the privledge of
participating in cleaning the house. According to the book, "Once a
child is treated as an equal and allowed to see the reasoning behind
parent's wishes for a clean home, he or she will gladly and willingly
jump right in and help."

Joanna Smith was released 2 hours after being taken into custody due
to a lack of physical evidence of abuse. Said Moondust, "It is
tradgic that we were not able to bring charges against Joanna Smith.
The current requirements for physical proof of abuse is an obvious
weakness in the law. We are working with Democrats in the California
State Senate to enact laws that would remove these requirements in
child abuse cases that involve punishment for children who do not do
chores."

 1999 BNN (Bogus News Network - The Nation's Second Leading Source
for Misinformation)
http://www.bogusnews.com - You may Freely Distribute this story for
non-commercial use IF You Include All Copyright Info, the Website
Address and the Disclaimer.

Disclaimer: This story is totally false not one shred of it is true!
It was created for entertainment purposes ONLY. Any resemblance to
the truth is purely coincidental.