[MOL] Principles of Miracles [01892] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Principles of Miracles

>From OncoLink (Univ of Pa Hosp) -- Spirituality:
http://www.oncolink.upenn.edu/psychosocial/spirituality/miracles.html

Principles of Miracles

Authors: Foundation for Inner Peace
Posting Date - 1994
Copyright  1976, Foundation for Inner Peace
--
>From the ACIM: Text of the Course in Miracles, Page: 1

There is no order of difficulty in miracles. One is not "harder" or "bigger"
than another. They are all the same. All expressions of love are maximal.

Miracles as such do not matter. The only thing that matters is their Source,
Which is far beyond evaluation.

Miracles occur naturally as expressions of love. The real miracle is the love
that inspires them. In this sense everything that comes from love is a
miracle.

All miracles mean life, and God is the Giver of life. His Voice will direct
you very specifically. You will be told all you need to know.

Miracles are habits, and should be involuntary. They should not be under
conscious control. Consciously selected miracles can be misguided.

Miracles are natural. When they do not occur something has gone wrong.

Miracles are everyone's right, but purification is necessary first.

Miracles are healing because they supply a lack; they are per- formed by
those who temporarily have more for those who temporarily have less.

Miracles are a kind of exchange. Like all expressions of love, which are
always miraculous in the true sense, the exchange reverses the physical laws.
They bring more love both to the giver AND the receiver.

The use of miracles as spectacles to induce belief is a mis- understanding of
their purpose.

Prayer is the medium of miracles. It is a means of communication of the
created with the Creator. Through prayer love is received, and through
miracles loves is expressed.

Miracles are thoughts. Thoughts can represent the lower or bodily level of
experience, or the higher or spiritual level of experience. One makes the
physical, and the other creates the spiritual.

Miracles ar both beginnings and endings, and so they alter the temporal
order. They are always affirmations of rebirth, which seem to go back but
really go forward. They undo the past in the present, and thus release the
future.

Miracles bear witness to truth. They are convincing because they arise from
conviction. Without conviction they deteriorate into magic, which is mindless
and therefore destructive; or rather, the uncreative use of mind.

Each day should be devoted to miracles. The purpose of time is to enable you
to learn how to use time constructively. It is thus a teaching device and a
means to an end. Time will cease when it is no longer userful in facilitating
learning.

Miracles are teaching devices for demonstrating it is as blessed to give as
to receive. They simultaneously increase the strength of the giver and supply
strength to the receiver.

Miracles transcend the body. They are sudden shifts into invisibility, away
from the bodily level. That is why they heal.

A miracle is a service. It is the maximal service you can render to another.
It is a way of loving your neighbor as yourself. You recognize your own and
your neighbor's worth simultaneously.

Miracles make minds one in God. They depend on cooperation because the
Sonship is the sum of all that God created. Miracles therefore reflect the
laws of eternity, not of time.

Miracles reawaken the awareness that the spirit, not the body, is the altar
of truth. This is the recognition that leads to the healing power of the
miracle.

Miracles are natural signs of forgiveness. Through miracles you accept God's
forgiveness by extending it to others.

Miracles are associated with fear only because of the belief that darkness
can hide. You believe that what your physical eyes cannot see does not exist.
This leads to a denial of spiritual sight.

Miracles rearrange perception and place all levels in true perspective. This
is healing because sickness comes from confusing the levels.

Miracles enable you to heal the sick and raise the dead because you made
sickness and death yourself, and can therefore abolish both. YOU are a
miracle, capable of creating in the likeness of your Creator. Everything else
is your own nightmare, and does not exist. Only the creations of light are
real.

Miracles are part of an interlocking chain of forgiveness which, when
completed, is the Atonement. Atonement works all the time and in all the
dimensions of time.

Miracles represent freedom from fear. "Atoning" means "undoing." The undoing
of fear is an essential part of the Atonement value of miracles.

A miracle is a universal blessing from God through me to all my brothers. It
is the privilege of the forgiven to forgive.

Miracles are a way of earning release from fear. Revelation induces a state
in which fear has already been abolished. Miracles are thus a means and
revelation is an end.

Miracles praise God through you. They praise Him by honoring His creations,
affirming their perfection. They heal because they deny body-identification
and affirm spirit-identification.

By recognizing spirit, miracles adjust the levels of perception and show them
in propr alignment. This places spirit at the center, where it can
communicate directly.

Miracles should inspire gratitude, not awe. You should thank God for what you
really are. The children of God are holy and the miracle honors their
holiness, which can be hidden but never lost.

I inspire all miracles, which are really intercessions. They intercede for
your holiness and make your perceptions holy. By placing you beyond the
physical laws they raise you into the sphere of celestial order. In this
order you ARE perfect.

Miracles honor you because you are lovable. They dispel illusions about
yourself and perceive the light in you. They thus atone for your errors by
freeing you from your nightmares. By releasing your mind from the
imprisonment of your illusions, they restore your sanity.

Miracles restore the mind to its fullness. By atoning for lack they establish
perfect protection. The spirit's strength leaves no room for intrusions.

Miracles are expressions of love, but they may not always have observable
effects.

Miracles are examples of right thinking, aligning your perceptions with truth
as God created it.

A miracle is a correction introduced into false thinking by me. it acts as a
catalyst, breaking up erroneous perception and reorganizing it properly. This
places you under the Atonement principle, where perception is healed. Until
this has occurred, knowledge of the Divine Order is impossible.

The Holy Spirit is the mechanism of miracles. He recognizes both God's
creations and your illusions. He separates the true from the false by His
ability to perceive totally rather than selectively.

The miracle dissolves error because the Holy Spirit identifies error as false
or unreal. This is the same as saying that by perceiving light, darkness
automatically disappears.

The miracle acknowledges everyone as your brother and mine. It is a way of
perceiving the universal mark of God.

Wholeness is the perceptual content of miracles. They thus correct, or atone
for, the faulty perception of lack.

A major contribution of miracles is their strength in releasing you from your
false sense of isolation, deprivation and lack.

Miracles arise from a miraculous state of mind, or a state of
miracle-readiness.

The miracle is an expression of an inner awareness of Christ and the
acceptance of His Atonement.

A miracle is never lost. It may touch many people you have not even met, and
produce undreamed of changes in situations of which you are not even aware.

The Holy Spirit is the highest communication medium. Miracles do not involve
this type of communication, because they are TEMPORARY communication devices.
When you return to your original form of communication with God by direct
revelation, the need for miracles is over.

The miracle is a learning device that lessens the need for time. It
establishes an out-of-pattern time interval not under the usual laws of time.
In this sense it is timeless.

The miracle is the only device at your immediate disposal for controlling
time. Only revelation transcends it, having nothing to do with time at all.

The miracle makes no distinction among degrees of misperception. It is a
device for perception-correction, effective quite apart from either the
degree or the direction of the error. This is its true indiscriminateness.

The miracle compares what you have made with creation, accepting what is in
accord with it as true, and rejecting what is out of accord as false.

  GENERAL DISCLAIMER
OncoLink is designed for educational purposes only and is not engaged in
rendering medical advice or professional services. The information provided
through OncoLink should not be used for diagnosing or treating a health
problem or a disease. It is not a substitute for professional care. If you
have or suspect you may have a health problem, you should consult your health
care provider.
 For further information, consult the Editors at: editors@oncolink.upenn.edu