[MOL] Poems of sadness for luck... [01851] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Poems of sadness for luck...

IS HEAVEN IN THE YELLOW PAGES?

       Mommy went to Heaven, but I need her here today,
       My tummy hurts and I fell down, I need her right away.
       Operator can you tell me how to find her in this book?
       Is heaven in the yellow part, I don't know where to look.

       I think my daddy needs her too, at night I hear him cry.
       I hear him call her name sometimes, but I really don't know why.

       Maybe if I call her, she will hurry home to me.
       Is Heaven very far away, is it across the sea?

       She's been gone a long, long time she needs to come home now!
       I really need to reach her, but I simply don't know how.

       Help me find the number please, is it listed under "Heaven"?
       I can't read these big big words, I am only seven.

       I'm sorry operator, I didn't mean to make you cry,
       Is your tummy hurting too, or is there something in your eye?

       If I call my church maybe they will know.
       Mommy said when we need help that's where we should go.

       I found the number to my church tacked up on the wall.
       Thank you operator, I'll give them a call.

      I went to a party, Mom, I remembered what you said.
      You told me not to drink, Mom, so I drank soda instead

      I really felt proud inside, Mom, the way you said I would.
      I didn't drink and drive, Mom, even though the others said I should.

      I know I did the right thing, Mom, I know you are always right.
      Now the party is finally ending, Mom, as everyone is driving out of
sight.

      As I got into my car, Mom, I knew I'd get home in one piece.
      Because of the way you raised me, so responsible and sweet.
      I started to drive away, Mom, but as I pulled out into the road, the
other car didn't
see me, Mom, and hit me like a load.
     As I lay there on the pavement, Mom, I hear the policeman say, the
     other guy is drunk, Mom, and now I'm the one who will pay.

     I'm lying here dying, Mom..  I wish you'd get here soon.
     How could this happen to me, Mom?  My life just burst like a balloon.
     There is blood all around me, Mom, and most of it is mine.
     I hear the medic say, Mom, I'll die in a short time.

     I just wanted to tell you, Mom, I swear I didn't drink.
     It was the others, Mom.  The others didn't think.
     He was probably at the same party as I.
     The only difference is, he drank and I will die.

     Why do people drink, Mom?  It can ruin your whole life.
     I'm feeling sharp pains now.  Pains just like a knife.
     The guy who hit me is walking, Mom, and I don't think it's fair.
     I'm lying here dying and all he can do is stare.

     Tell my brother not to cry, Mom.  Tell Daddy to be brave.
     And when I go to heaven, Mom, put "Daddy's Girl" on my grave
     Someone should have told him, Mom, not to drink and drive.
     If only they had told him, Mom, I would still be alive.

     My breath is getting shorter, Mom.  I'm becoming very scared.
     Please don't cry for me, Mom.  When I needed you, you were always there.

      I have one last question, Mom, before I say good bye.
      I didn't drink and drive, so why am I the one to die?

                 ************************
Someone took the effort to write this poem.  So please, forward this
to as many people as you can.  And see if we can get a chain going around the
world that will make people understand that drinking and driving don't mix.

TOGETHER WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE, so please forward this letter to
as many people as you can.  This is the letter: You must send this on in 1
hour after reading this letter to 10 different people.  If you do this, you
will receive luck in love.  The person that you are most attracted to will
soon return your feelings.

      The more people that you send this to, the better luck you will.