[MOL] Do U Know This Story?! [01846] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Do U Know This Story?!

This is long but - VERY worth the time

THREE TREES

Once upon a mountain top, three little trees stood and dreamed of what they
wanted to become when they grew up.

The first little tree looked up at the stars and said: "I want to hold
treasure.  I want to be covered with gold and filled with precious stones.
I'll be the most beautiful treasure chest  in the world!"

The second little tree looked out at the small stream trickling by on it's
way to the ocean.  "I want to be traveling mighty waters and carrying
powerful kings.  I'll be the strongest ship in the world!"

The third little tree looked down into the valley below where busy men and
women worked in a busy town.  "I don't want to leave the mountain top at all.
I want to grow so tall that when people stop to look at me, they'll raise
their eyes to heaven
and think of God.  I will be the tallest tree in the world."

Years passed.   The rain came, the sun shone, and the little trees grew
tall.  One day three wood cutters climbed the mountain. The first wood cutter
looked at the first tree and said, "This tree is beautiful.  It is perfect
for me."  With a swoop of his shining ax, the first tree fell.  "Now I shall
be made into a beautiful chest, I shall hold wonderful treasure!"  The first
tree said.

The second wood cutter looked at the second tree and said, "This tree is
strong.  It is perfect for me."  With a swoop of his shining ax, the second
tree fell.  "Now I shall sail mighty waters!" thought the second tree.  "I
shall be a strong ship for > mighty kings!"

The third tree felt her heart sink when the last wood cutter looked her way.
She stood straight and tall and pointed bravely to heaven.  But the wood
cutter never even looked up.  "Any kind of tree will do for me" he muttered.
With a swoop of his
shining ax, the third tree fell.

The first tree rejoiced when the wood cutter brought her to a carpenter's
shop.  But, the carpenter fashioned the tree into a feed box for animals.
The once beautiful tree was not covered with gold, or with treasure.  She was
coated with sawdust and
filled with hay for hungry farm animals.

The second tree smiled when the wood cutter took her to a shipyard, but no
mighty sailing ship was made that day.  Instead the once strong tree was
hammered and sawed into a simple fishing boat.  She was too small and too
weak to sail to an ocean, or even a river, instead she was taken to a little
lake.

The third tree was confused when the wood cutter cut her into strong beams
and left her in a lumber yard.  "What happened?"  The once tall tree
wondered.  "All I ever wanted was to stay on the mountain top and point to
God..."

Many, many days and nights passed.  The three trees nearly forgot their
dreams.  But one night, golden starlight poured over the first tree as a
young woman placed her newborn baby in the feed box.  "I wish I could make a
cradle for him" her  husband whispered.  The mother squeezed his hand and
smiled as the starlight shone on the smooth and sturdy wood. "This manger is
beautiful' she said.  And suddenly the first tree knew he was holding the
greatest treasure in the world.

One evening a tired traveler and his friends crowded into the old fishing
boat.  The traveler fell asleep as the second tree quietly sailed out into
the lake.  Soon a thundering and  thrashing storm arose. The little tree
shuddered.  She knew she did not have the strength to carry so many
passengers safely through with the wind and the rain.  The tired man
awakened.  He stood up, stretched out his hand, and said, "Peace".  The storm
stopped as quickly as it had begun.  And suddenly the second tree knew he was
carrying the king of Heaven and earth.

One Friday morning, the third tree was startled when her beams were yanked
from the forgotten wood pile.  She flinched as she was carried through an
angry jeering crowd.  She shuddered when soldiers nailed a man's hands to
her.  She felt ugly and harsh and cruel.  But on Sunday morning, when the sun
rose and the earth trembled with joy beneath her, the third tree knew that
God's love had changed everything.  It had made the third tree strong.  And
every time people thought of the third tree, they would think of God.  That
was better than being the tallest tree in the world.

So, next time you feel down because you didn't get what you wanted, just sit
tight and be happy,  because God is thinking of something better to give you!

Wishing you health and happiness all the days of your life!