Re: [MOL] Re: Stupid Stuff on the Cyber Hwy. should be cautious.... [00793] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Re: Stupid Stuff on the Cyber Hwy. should be cautious....

I think it is very important that doctors, researchers, scientist etc. are
grasping at straws at what is cancer causing etc.  They would love to put us
all into neat little packages, in particular women.  An example is one of
our members who has cervical cancer was told she had many sex partners.  I
had to laugh, because I told her that 20 some year's ago when I had uterine
cancer I was told:

I had multiple sex partners (yeah right, not in those days!)
I had sex with a non circumcised man. (Wrong)
I had sex at an early age, ( Wrong)
They obviously did not believe me, because that was what caused cancer.

In talking with this person, she was distraut at being told that; as it was
not true.

The point of my story is stupid stuff causes a lot of emotional turmoil
with-in the person who is just diagnosed with cancer.  We need to be ever
mindful of this.  Your friend, lillian

I put the caffeine (coffee) right up there with the stupid stuff!  Sorry
folks, my opinion!  Your friend, lillian