[MOL] Tuesday CHICKEN SOUP FOR THE SOUL [00773] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Tuesday CHICKEN SOUP FOR THE SOUL

Good Morning My FRiends,

Hope you enjoy this mornings post of this serving.

  The Scar

       A little boy invited his mother to attend his
  elementary school's first teacher-parent conference. To the
  little boy's dismay, she said she would go. This would be
  the first time that his classmates and teacher met his
  mother and he was embarrassed by her appearance. Although
  she was a beautiful woman, there was a severe scar that
  covered nearly the entire right side of her face. The boy
  never wanted to talk about why or how she got the scar.
       At the conference, the people were impressed by the
  kindness and natural beauty of his mother despite the scar,
  but the little boy was still embarrassed and hid himself
  from everyone. He did, however, get within earshot of a
  conversation between his mother and his teacher, and heard
  them speaking.
       "How did you get the scar on your face?" the teacher
  asked.
       The mother replied, "When my son was a baby, he was in
  a room that caught on fire. Everyone was too afraid to go in
  because the fire was out of control, so I went in. As I was
  running toward his crib, I saw a beam coming down and I
  placed myself over him trying to shield him. I was knocked
  unconscious but fortunately, a fireman came in and saved
  both of us." She touched the burned side of her face. "This
  scar will be permanent, but to this day, I have never
  regretted doing what I did."
       At this point, the little boy came out running towards
  his mother with tears in his eyes. He hugged her and felt an
  overwhelming sense of the sacrifice that his mother had made
  for him. He held her hand tightly for the rest of the day.

God Bless You All
marty auslander