[MOL] Fwd: Bible Study 4.8.1999 [00355] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Fwd: Bible Study 4.8.1999

---- Begin included message ----

The Laying on of hands:

	1 Tim 5:22: ‘Do not be too quick to lay hands on any men’.
	1 Tim 4:14: “ You have in you a spiritual gift which was given to you
when the prophets spoke and the body of elders laid their hands on you; do
not let it lie unused”.
	2 Tim 1:6: :That is why I am reminding you now to fan into a flame
the gift that God gave you when I laid my hands on you”.
	1 Cor 4:1: People must think of us as Christ’s servants, stewards
entrusted with the mysteries of God”.
	It is clear that the whole people of God cannot possibly be entrusted
with such mysteries.

	Here are some duties and functions of Christian Priesthood:
	1.) Renewing the sacrifice of the Cross: Luke 22:19: Mt 26:28; 1 Cor.
 11:24-25: “Do this in memory of me”. Doing this, the death of the Lord is
proclaimed.
	2.) Teaching: Mt 28, 20: Jesus said to His disciples: “Go therefore,
make disciples of all nations... and teach them to observe all the commands I
gave you.”
	3.) Discussing and persuading: Titus 1:9 and 11: “...So that he (the
overseer) can be counted on for both expounding the sound doctrine and
refuting those who argue against it”.
	4.) Baptizing Mt 28:19: “Baptize them (the nations) in the Name of
the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit”.
	5.) To mediate the reconciliation with God: 2 Cor. 5:18-20: “It was
God who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the work of the
world to himself, not holding men’s faults against them, and he has entrusted
to us the news that they are reconciled. So we are AMBASSADORS  for Christ;
it is as though God were appealing through us, and His appeal that we make in
Christ’s name is: Be reconciled to God!”
	6.) Forgiving the sins or retaining them; John 20:23: “For those
whose sins you forgive, they are forgiven; for those whose sins you retain,
they are retained” (see also Mt 18:18).

Dear Friends,

Please, tell all your friends to subscribe to Al-Bushra  DAILY Bible Study
and let us serve the Lord for the best.

Fr. Labib