[MOL] Histiocytoma [00020] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Histiocytoma

I would like to obtain some information on histiocytoma. A family member
has recently undergone surgery to have a tumor removed from his lower
leg. Pathology returned as histiocytoma. At this time, it is believed
not to involve bone. However, no MRI or CT studies have been performed.
Plans are for chemotherepy, radiation, and more resection.

I would like to learn more about this type of tumor, the diagnosis &
treatment, and the prognosis. The patient is a 37 y/o male.

Thank you kindly.