Re: [MOL] Laurie Poole [01785] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Laurie Poole

Hi Joan!
Don't consider it an intrusion at all!!  I greatly appreciate the input!  I
am trying to research that radiosurgery program...very interesting.  This
clip came from the Meds.com page & we're going to check with the new Dr. at
Emory about it...
One new type of radiation therapy is called radiosurgery. In radiosurgery,
radiation is directly focused on the tumor, and involves as little normal
tissue as possible. Radiosurgery is usually used as treatment of tumors that
involve the brain.
Cryosurgery freezes the tumor and kills it. Photodynamic therapy uses a
certain type of light and a special chemical to kill cancer cells. Laser
therapy uses a narrow beam of light to kill cancer cells. Cryosurgery and
photodynamic therapy are usually used in clinical trials.
Staten Island sounds promising.  Can't wait to hear more on their programs.
I am absolutely elated with this group I have found - you are all truly
angels - you're always there watching out for each other!  I will stay...
Thanks!
Laurie