[MOL] "thoughts for today" [01763] Medicine On Line

[MOL] "thoughts for today"

Hi All,

Just stopping in today with my "thoughts for today."  Here they are.

	A poor appetite for good books eventually leads to
	intellectual malnutrition.

	We should be as careful of the books we read as we are
	of the company we keep.

Books, books, books, I just love books!  Actually I can start my own
little mini library with what I have.  I believe that people who don't
read anything more than the newspaper are missing out on so much.  There
is a wealth of knowledge and entertainment out there.  I know it sounds
like I'm talking about the internet, but I'm talking about good ol'
fashion books.  I hope they are never replaced completely by electronic
libraries and info sites.  I still love to hold a book in my hand when I
read.  There is just something aesthetic about it.  It's such a
beautiful day today, that maybe I'll take a little break this afternoon,
and grab one of the books I'm in the middle of and go out on my patio
and read for a short while (a *very* short while).  Many of us love to
read but can't find the time to do it.  However, I have noticed that we
all seem to have time to do the things that are a priority with us.  My
brother-in-law Gary told me that even when he would be very busy, he
would take only 20 minutes to read each day.  That doesn't seem like
much time, and most of us can spare that.  Eventually you will have read
that book that you just couldn't seem to find time to before.  Thanks,
Gary, for that little hint.  I have done that many times.  Well, I'll
close for now.  I have already given you more to read than you probably
had time for anyway.  :)

God Bless,
Jo