[MOL] FW: Your father-in-law [01748] Medicine On Line

[MOL] FW: Your father-in-law

Title: Your father-in-law

-----Original Message-----
From: Kathy Corrigan
Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 1999 3:46 PM
To: 'dlpooleparty@mindspring.com'
Subject: RE: Your father-in-law

Dear Laurie:  So glad I could help!  It's such a small world.  I was so surprised to hear that Pop worked at the Home Depot in Boise.  Of course, I've been there many times, and I know quite a few people in the new Meridian Home Depot -- a couple are clients.  (I'm a probate paralegal).  It's a great place!

I'd be happy to share my experiences with him -- and you, too, of course.  I was given six months of chemo -- starting in late December of 1997, and ending in May of 1998.  By March, the tumor was almost invisible, and, of course, by the end of May, it couldn't be detected.  I was in error about the Taxol.  I was given Taxotere instead, which is a rather controversial form of chemo, but is proving to be quite effective.  The side effects I had were ringing ears, severe agitation, nausea, extreme fatique, impaired eyesight, difficulty sleeping, and, of course, depression at first.  Not everyone has these side effects.  Some people experience worse, and some very few.  Our receptionist here went through chemo for breast cancer a couple of years ago.  I think she missed a week of work.  I missed six months!  Of course, her regimen was much gentler than mine.  I didn't experience these severe side effects for long, because my doctor wouldn't allow it.  She made me as comfortable as she possibly could, and it was bearable -- trust me.  What they call a brochonge was inserted into my chest.  It had two "faucets" with screw-off caps.  They could draw blood through these faucets, as well as administer the chemo, making both procedures completely painless.  I sincerely hope "Pop" can get on a clinical trial.  He'll receive excellent care, and he'll be so glad he did.  I'll be signing back up on MOL in about a week.  Right now, I'm not online at home (or at work), but I'll be connected at home soon, and will be able to rejoin all my buddies.  You'll love this forum.  It's changed my life.  Welcome aboard.  Your friend -- Kathy Corrigan