Re: [MOL] Laurie Poole [01730] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Laurie Poole

I hope you don't mind my intrusion--Laurie, my husband has nsclc, but not only
does he have a primary in the upper right lung but he has many small nodules
throughout both lungs, making conventional radiation or surgery impossible. He has
been on carboplatin and taxol, but is now on Navelbine alone. We were told there
was nothing more than that they could do for him, but we applied to Staten Island
University of Health, and he was accepted into their stereotactic body
radiosurgery program there. They treat many kinds of cancer there with this
procedure. Even though we live in Oregon, we have decided to give it a try. They
are very nice people. My husband is 71, he starts his treatments on April 8. He
was diagnosed in December of 1997. Conventional radiation would have taken his
entire lung because of the location of the small tumors.

The wonderful people on this forum have done more for us than you could possible
imagine, so stay with us. Your friend, Joan