[MOL] Question: "rubbery legs"???? [01729] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Question: "rubbery legs"????

My sister sent this message about my Dad:

> I asked how he's taking the chemo.  Told him some people find it harder to
> take as  time goes on and others seem to tolerate it better.  He said he
thinks he's
> taking it better now than in the beginning.  He's adjusted better.  Just
gets scared
> when his legs feel "rubbery".

What causes the "rubbery legs" -- is that chemo, the lung cancer, anti-
depressants?  Would like some info to share with my Dad when I see him.
Thanks
Chris

---- Begin included message ----
Hi sweetie,
VA called.  The doctor wants her to go back to U. of PA for another test next
week.
Hope I can swing it.  (Rich has to make other arrangements and he's in
California
'till
Saturday so he won't have much chance to do that.)  The following week is Sabu
the shmoo's appointment so if possible, guess next week is best for me.
VA said something about a bus that goes from Hellertown to Phila. then take a
cab
to the hospital.  She's going to look into it more.

Dad seems in a resonably good mood.
He was telling me more about his "mantras" ...adding that anyone who'd have
heard
him would have thought he was nuts.  I said, "Oh, I doubt that....but they
probably
would have thought that you'd become a Budhist or something."  He laughed.

I asked how he's taking the chemo.  Told him some people find it harder to
take as

time goes on and others seem to tolerate it better.  He said he thinks he's
taking
it
better now than in the beginning.  He's adjusted better.  Just gets scared
when
his
legs feel "rubbery".  I told him that's from the treatment, but also probably
because
after such a difficult treatment, he's probably too sick to do much and his
legs
don't
get enough exercise.  I said that after I get over the flu (or a bad headache
that
stays
bad -really bad-  for days) when I've been lying around a lot I'll find
it difficult to climb steps at first because I feel so weak.  It just takes
time
and
persistence to work those muscles.  I hope he goes for physical therapy.

Woke up with a headache today and the cats were *really* bad all
day....constantly

tripping me and yelling, etc.  I still love their furry little faces.  They
are a
blessing (with
pitchforks on some days), but a blessing none the less.

Did you get the numerology report I sent you on your name?
Just thought it might be fun.

I love you, as always,
Netsie

---- End included message ----