Re: [MOL] Why the Pred... [01727] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Why the Pred...

In a message dated 3/31/99 12:21:48 AM Eastern Standard Time,
dlpooleparty@mindspring.com writes:

> Doctors felt pretty sure he got the cancer from smoking early in life & for
>  a long time.  Quit 14 yrs. ago, but still this...
Laurie,

My father smoked 2-3 pks daily from the age of 10 to age 60!  His doctors say
NSCLC (esp squamous) is most often due to smoking, so much so that they call
it the "smokers cancer".  I know that info bothers my Dad alot-  but he was
also exposed to heavy carcinogens, including asbestos, 40-80 hours a week at
his job in Bethlehem Steel for 30 years. So who really can be sure?
Chris