[MOL] "thoughts for today" [01590] Medicine On Line

[MOL] "thoughts for today"

Hello Everyone,

Hope you had a great weekend.  I sure did.  And today it's another
beautiful sunny Spring day here in this part of Michigan.  It does a
soul good.  :)  Here are my "thoughts for today."

	Failure is an attitude, not an outcome.

	We sabotage success by focusing on all the reasons why
	something may fail.

Most of us are familiar with the story of Thomas Edison and his efforts
to invent the electric light bulb, but I'll recap it for you as told by
Harvey Mackay in his book, "Beware the Naked Man Who Offers You His
Shirt."

Mackay says, "After Edison's seven-hundreth unsuccessful attempt to
invent the electric light, he was asked by a New York Times reporter,
'How does it feel to have failed seven hundred times?'  The great
inventor responded, 'I have not failed seven hundred times.  I have
succeeded in proving that those seven hundred ways will not work.  When
I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that
will work.'  Several thousand more of these successes followed, but
Edison found the one that would work and invented the electric light."

I think that's a pretty impressive story.  How many of us would have had
that much perseverance.  Most of us would have given up long, long
before that out of shear frustration.  But fortunately for the whole
world, Thomas Edison was an extraordinary man, and he kept trying until
he accomplished that which he set out to do.  He believed in what he was
doing, and more importantly, he bleieved in himself.  What a great
lesson there is to learn from Mr. Edison.  As the old saying goes, "If
you think you can, you can!"  If something is important to you, it's
worth hanging in there to see it through to completion.

God Bless,
Jo