[MOL] Fwd: Passion (Palm) Sunday [01564] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Fwd: Passion (Palm) Sunday

---- Begin included message ----
 Passion (Palm) Sunday

They brought the colt to Jesus and threw their cloaks across its back, and he
sat on it. (Mark 11:7)
Reflection.
..His coming is a revelation, a radical, total revelation of God's
holiness."Holy, Holy, Holy Lord, God of power and might. Heaven and earth are
full of your glory...". Precisely this Week which humanly speaking is filled
to the brim with suffering, humiliation, despoliation, in a word, with the
kenosis of God this Week contains the revelation of God's holiness, the
culmination of world history. "Holy, Holy, Holy.... Hosanna in the
highest"....
To embrace the Cross on this day, to pass it from hand to hand, is a very
eloquent gesture. It is like saying: Lord, we do not want to stay with you
only at the time of the "Hosannas", but with your help we want to accompany
you on the way of the Cross as did Mary, your mother and ours, and the Apostle
John. Yes, O Lord, because "You have the words of eternal life" (Jn 6:68), and
we have believed that precisely your Cross is the word of life, of eternal
life!

Lenten Fact

According to the account of a fifth-century Spanish pilgrim to the  Holy Land,
Passion Sunday Mass was celebrated in Jerusalem at the Church of  the Holy
Sepulchre. After this the people were invited to meet again in the  afternoon
at the Mount of Olives, in the Church of Eleona (the grotto of  the Our
Father). They then proceeded to the Church of the Ascension for a  service
consisting of hymns and antiphons, readings and prayers, where at  five
o'clock in the afternoon the Gospel of the palms was read and the  procession
set out for the city. The people responded to the antiphons with  the
acclamation, "Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord," as we  say
even today.

Lenten Action.

A diet of amoral and immoral programs can and will corrupt your values. Do you
control the media you watch and listen to?.

Prayer

Lord, you have satisfied our hunger with this eucharistic food. The death of
your Son gives us hope and strengthens our faith.
May his resurrection give us perseverance and lead us to salvation. We ask
this through Christ our Lord.