Re: [MOL] OVARIAN CYST: ALTERNATIVE TREATMENTS? [01161] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] OVARIAN CYST: ALTERNATIVE TREATMENTS?

I have been seeing my gyn regularly for about 8 months now because each
month I have cysts on one or both ovaries. They are generally in the range
of 5 cm and a combination of fluid and solid. Some months it alternates
sides, other months it stays where it is. They cause mild discomfort at
certain times of the month. My gyn has just been monitoring them with
ultrasounds. He said he would want to do a complete hysterectomy if they
were larger than 6 cm. I think he is knife happy! LOL. A friend of mine was
put on birth control pills in an effort to get rid of her ovarian cysts.
(Don't know yet if it has been effective). If it could be a hormone related
cause, perhaps medication could control it. I had endometriosis years ago
and was given a pill which stops your cycles. It cleared it right up
whereas my sister had a hysterectomy for the same problem. I don't know
your age so I don't know if you are pre or post menepausal. I just know I
wouldn't be too quick to have surgery, but that's me. Would your doctor
want to do surgery laporascopically, which is less invasive. Ask a lot of
questions and even get a second opinion before you decide. I wish you the
best of luck.
Christine