Re: [MOL] Re:Mary Furfaro [01119] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Re:Mary Furfaro

Mary, thanks for your response.  Yes, I meant 12/98 - sorry it was late when
I typed message. Anyway, I am sorry to hear about your husband, too.  I hope
you have help in your care of him.  It is a different ballgame when a
patient is bedridden.  My prayers are with you too.   Has your husband had
radiation and chemotherapy?
Barb has had about 35 or so radiation treatments but they are really hard on
her.  Her tumors have shrunk they say.  She has had two small doses of chemo
(taxol and carboplatin) but they want to do three more radiation treatments
and then bigger doses of chemo and taxol.  But, she is so weak from all the
radiation, I guess.
What Hospitals or Doctors are you using?  We are in Dayton Ohio and she is
using Doctors at Good Sam.  I sometimes think she should get a 2nd opinion,
but her husband thinks the Taxol and Carboplatin are standard treatment and
it would be the same anywhere.  Right now we are also checking out the SRS
or Photodynamic surgery to see if she might be a candidate. I guess
ultimately it is all in Gods hands.

Take Care,
Gwen Kouts