Re: [MOL] Mary ! [00853] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Mary !

Gwen, the staff at Staten Island are the most friendly we have met anywhere--So far
we have only talked to them on the phone--My husband has non small cell lung cancer,
Stage IV, and has been receiving chemotherapy here in Oregon for a year. Staten
Island is the only facility we have heard of that treats metastisized cancer of any
kind. There are lots of brands of photodynamic therapy out there, but so far we have
been told that they only treat you if you have one tumor site. We have sent all of
the information, George has been accepted, and we are waiting for an appointment
date. 3,000 miles is a long way to go but worth it. I would never have known about
it if  I hadn't been signed on here to the MOLer forum. Lillian and Marty are two of
the people here who give us so much information, and they have encouraged me to look
in to this for a long time. Thank God for those two people. Their material indicates
they have housing (apartments) on a limited availability and we are going to look
into that as soon as they call with George's appointment. Good luck to you, all our
prayers are with you. Joan