[MOL] Fwd: HOSEA 14:2-10: FRIDAY'S READING FOR REFLECTION [00766] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Fwd: HOSEA 14:2-10: FRIDAY'S READING FOR REFLECTION

---- Begin included message ----
Subj:	 HOSEA 14:2-10: FRIDAY'S READING FOR REFLECTION
Date:	3/11/99 5:58:00 AM Pacific Standard Time
From:	mtuazon@ix.netcom.com (Manuel Tuazon)
Reply-to:	early-word-request@cin.org
To:	early-word@cin.org

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam (To the Greater Glory of God)

For: Friday, March 12, 1999

3rd Week of Lent

From: Hosea 14:2-10

Sincere Conversion
------------------
[2] Take with you words and return to the Lord; say to him, "Take away
all iniquity; accept that which is good and we will render the fruit of
our lips.  [3] Assyria shall not save us, we will not ride upon horses;
and we will say no more, 'Our God,' to the work of our hands.  In thee
the orphan finds mercy."  [4] I will heal their faithfulness; I will love
them freely for my anger has turned from them.  [5] I will be as the dew
to Israel; he shall blossom as the lily, he shall strike root as the
poplar," [6] his shoots shall spread out; his beauty shall be like the
olive, and his fragrance like Lebanon.  [7] They shall return and dwell
beneath my shadow, they shall flourish as a garden; they shall blossom as
the vine, their fragrance shall be like the wine of Lebanon.  [8] O
Ephraim, what have I to do with idols?  It is I who answer and look after
you.  I am like an evergreen cypress, from me comes your fruit.
[9] Whoever is wise, let him understand these things; whoever is
discerning, let him know them; for the ways of the Lord are right, and
the upright walk in them, but transgressors stumble in them.

Commentary:  None available.

Source: "The (Ignatius) Holy Bible", Revised Standard Version, Catholic
Edition, Ignatius Press, San Francisco.

Nihil Obstat: Thomas Hanlon, S.T.L., L.S.S., Ph.L.  Imprimatur: Gordon
Joseph Gray, Archbishop of Saint Andrews and Edinburgh, Epiphany 1966.

Imprimatur: Peter W. Bartholome, D.D., Bishop of Saint Cloud, Minnesota.
May 11, 1966.

If you feel inspired, become a part of this apostolate by sharing this
e-mail or a printed copy with a relative or a friend or placing the
copy or copies in a bookrack at a church (with the pastor's permission,
if possible).  May our good Lord richly bless you for your love of
neighbor and please remember this ("Mustard Seed") apostolate in your
prayers.