Re: [MOL] Tamoxifin [00684] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Tamoxifin

Hi,
I have been taking tamoxifen for 6 months and I would prefer not to be, but
the doctors all seem to agree it is the thing to do. I am told it will help
ward off a reoccurance of breast cancer and will strengthen the bones and
protect against heart attack.

My doctor told me to take an aspirin a day as it gives an increased danger
of blood clots and the aspirin will reduce that danger.

I find the hot flashes and weight gain unplesant. My onc. told me to take
vitamin E and get more exercise and it should help. I'm lousy about
remembering to take the vitamins and I spend too much time in front of the
computer; not enough time walking. I should walk more.

Take Care
Liz

>I have been taking tamoxifin for 13 days and would be interested in hearing
>from others who are also taking this drug.  I would like to hear both the
>positive and
>negatives .

Liz Patterson
Patterson & Associates
2115 Summitview Ave.
Yakima, WA 98902
(509) 576-4213

For help with writing,editing and web design:
http://users.ewa.net/patter/learn.html
MAC users needing help visit: http://users.ewa.net/patter/Macs.html
For Patterson's on site YVCC English composition syllibi:(To be part of
distance learning with YVCC beginning summer, 1999)
http://users.ewa.net/patter/eng101.html
http://users.ewa.net/patter/eng102.html