[MOL] Colon Cancer [00591] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Colon Cancer

My father has been diagnosed with Colon Cancer.  He has just undergone surgery
for the third time.  This time a colostomy was performed.  The pathology
revealed that the cancer was villus adenoma.  I understand that this is a rare
form of cancer, possibly mutated from some other form.  Can anyone shed some
light on this?

Indications of the cancer were discovered in the lymph nodes.  I think that
this means he is in stage IIIB.  Any information or reference sources would be
appreciated.  I don't think that any cancer has been detected in the liver,
but I think that that is the next stop for stage IV.

Thx, RDJ