[MOL] fertility after radioactive iodine [00327] Medicine On Line

[MOL] fertility after radioactive iodine

I was diagnosed with papillary micro thyroid carcinoma in 1996 while I
was 25 weeks pregnant. I had a near thyroidectomy when my son was 5
weeks old and 1 year later I had 100 mCi of radioactive iodine. I am now
really concerned as to how this effects my fertility. I know the docs
have said to simply wait 1 year and then I am at the same risk of any
abnormalities as the general population, however, I am very concerned
that this treatment may have caused genetic damage. Can you please refer
me to some materials that may help me with my concerns. I thank you
kindly in advance.