[MOL] Thursday Chicken Soup for the Soul [00281] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Thursday Chicken Soup for the Soul

Good morning My FRiends,

  All I Remember

       One day, while I was lying on a massage table in a
  dark, quiet room waiting for an appointment, a wave of
  longing swept over me. I checked to make sure I was awake
  and not dreaming, and I saw that I was as far removed from a
  dreamy state as one could possibly be. Each thought I had
  was like a drop of water disturbing a still pond, and I
  marveled at the peacefulness of each passing moment.
       Suddenly my mother's face appeared - my mother, as she
  had been before Alzheimer's disease had stripped her of her
  mind, her humanity, and 50 pounds. Her magnificent silver
  hair crowned her sweet face. She was so real and so close I
  felt I could reach out and touch her. I even smelled the
  fragrance of Joy, her favorite perfume. She seemed to be
  waiting and did not speak.
       I said, "Oh, Mother, I'm so sorry that you had to
  suffer with that horrible disease."
       She tipped her head slightly to one side, as though to
  acknowledge what I had said about her suffering. Then she
  smiled - a beautiful smile - and said very distinctly, "But
  all I remember is love." And she disappeared.
       I began to shiver in a room gone suddenly cold, and I
  knew in my bones that the love we give and receive is all
  that matters and is all that is remembered. Suffering
  disappears; love remains.
       Her words are the most important I have ever heard, and
  that moment is forever engraved on my heart.

God Bless
marty auslander