[MOL] Something Gooooood --- from chris [00242] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Something Gooooood --- from chris

Pledge of Allegiance				http://www.2xtreme.net/roberta/html/flag.html
by Red Skelton

I:
Me, and individual, a committee of one.

Pledge:
Dedicate all of my worldly goods to give without self-pity.

Allegiance:
My love and my devotion.

To the Flag:
Our standard; Old Glory ; a symbol of Freedom; wherever she waves there is
respect, because your loyalty has given her a dignity that shouts, Freedom is
everybody's job.

United:
That means that we have all come together.

States:
Individual communities that have united into forty-eight great states. Forty-
eight individual communities with pride and dignity and purpose. All divided
with imaginary boundaries, yet united to a common purpose, and that is love
for country.

And to the Republic:
Republic - a state in which sovereign power is invested in representatives
chosen by the people to govern. And government is the people; and it's from
the people to the leaders, not from the leaders to the people.

For which it stands

One Nation:
One Nation - meaning, so blessed by God.

Indivisible:
Incapable of being divided.

With Liberty:
Which is Freedom; the right of power to live one's own life, without threats,
fear, or some sort of retaliation.

And Justice:
The principle, or qualities, of dealing fairly with others.

For All:
For All - which means, boys and girls, it's as much your country as it is
mine.

And now, boys and girls, let me hear you recite the Pledge of Allegiance:

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the
Republic,
for which it stands; one nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for
all.

Since I was a small boy, two states have been added to our country, and two
words have been added to the Pledge of Allegiance: Under God. Wouldn't it be a
pity if someone said that it's a prayer, and it would be eliminated from
schools, too?

Red Skelton