[MOL] Lillian [00241] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Lillian

Hi Lillian,

I always mean to post but then I get caught up in some other project and I
don't get it done.

Here goes, an update on me. Although I am still teaching my night classes I
lost my day job and that was a little hard on my ego because they let me
go. I am not sure why. It is a little hard on my pocketbook, too since my
job at the college only pays enough to let me squeak by. If I have any fun
money I need to work more hours.

I have spent the last few days trying to figure out how I can generate an
income without going back to work. I find I need to spend some time at
home.

I am working on a website that I hope can develop into a way to generate
income. I am having a good time doing it and I enjoy learning what I am
learning, but I don't have much faith that it will make me rich, or even
comfortable.

I was thinking about Carla and her store. The only kind of store I would
want to have is a book store. I would really enjoy surrounding myself with
books and helping people find things they would enjoy reading. In fact the
first thing I did was set up a website that connects to Barnes and Noble so
if people click through my site I get a commission on anything they buy. I
am still building the site. It will be an education site offering help in
many aspects of learning. The address will is:
http://users.ewa.net/patter/learn.html  but I still need to upload the
beginning information that goes with it. As of this moment all it has is
the Barnes & Noble Ad. I hope to get some of the information uploaded today.

I am also putting my syllabus for both my college classes on line so my
students can access them. My English 101 syllabus is there if you want to
know some of what I teach. The address is:
http://users.ewa.net/patter/eng101.html  At some point in the near future I
hope to have my sites all linked and in a logical order.

I also talked to the director of the distance learning program today and I
am going to see about teaching my classes on the distance learning network
through YVCC where I currently teach.

I was pretty down the first couple of days after I lost my job but then a
kind of calm came over me, and I really believe it was for the best. The
atmosphere there was just too stifling. I could go back to substitute
teaching and I would probably be working in a couple of days, but I really
don't want to do that. I think my days in the K-12 system are over. I would
like to work in the library. Maybe I should write up an application.

I frequently post to the Education Board on the CNN site. If you are
interested in the topic "Fixin our Schools" you might want to visit:
http://community.cnn.com/cgi-bin/WebX?11@139.4jzSah5euBz^7@.ee7faf8

Well I have rambled.

I hope all is well with you.
Love Ya,