[MOL] Greg: Sweet Potato Apple Puree [00238] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Greg: Sweet Potato Apple Puree

Hi Greg

Here's another recipe for you. (I LOVE THIS ONE).
Now a name for this would definitely have to be

APPLE-SWEET POTATO PUREE

3 cups of cubed pared sweet potatoes or yams (3 medium)
2 cups of coarsely chopped pared cooking apples (red are fine 2 medium)
1/8 tspn salt ( I know but his recipe needs a pinch of salt)

Heat about 1/2 inch of water to boil.  Add sweet potatoes and apples. Cover
and heat to boiling; reduce heat. Boil 8 to 10 minutes or until tender; dran.
Add salt; mash it all up and enjoy.  I mash it until it's really really
creamy.
This recipe makes 4 servings.  You can chill it for about 2 days it will keep
fine.

Depending on how much you like it to be sweet you can add more apples for
sweeter taste.  By the way ORGANIC apples are the BEST cause they are the
sweetest.

If you want to spice it up you can add a pinch of  garlic but I wouldn't I
love it sweet.

Love ya
PJ
143