[MOL] MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION........ [03531] Medicine On Line

[MOL] MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION........

   Most Important Question
	During my second month of nursing school, our professor gave us a
pop quiz.  I was a conscientious student and had breezed through the
questions, until I read the last one: "What is the first name of the woman who
cleans the school?" Surely this was some kind of joke.  I had seen the
cleaning woman several times.  She was tall, dark-haired and in her 50s, but
how would I know her name?  I handed in my paper, leaving the last question
blank.

	Before class ended, one student asked if the last question would
count toward our quiz grade.  "Absolutely," said the professor.  "In
your careers you will meet many people. All are significant.  They deserve
your attention and care, even if all you do is smile and say
 'hello'."

	I've never forgotten that lesson.  I also learned her name was
Dorothy.