Re: [MOL] tests/Martha! [03405] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] tests/Martha!

Dear Lil and all,

Hi!  Who knows anything really.  I don't feel too bad; I got out today and
went for an interview for a teaching job.  Maybe I've even gotten the
job--my voice wasn't too bad; but I'll have to wait and see.

My oncologist called when I was gone.  I called back and spoke to her nurse.
She told me they were a little concerned about a node in my lung which looks
a little bigger and the spots on my ribs.  But she said, all in all, the
oncologist was not ready to do anything new--she said that sometimes when
you're getting better, things look worse before they look better.
Everything else is stable.

I said to her, you know I don't know.  But I don't have any pain anywhere;
nothing that would make me go take a tylenol for.  She said wait --on the
3/8 you talk to the doctor--and if you decide to do something else, there
are just so many things you could do.

So, I feel better, just knowing something.  I've had short hair now, since
it started growing back from my one chemo in 12/97.  I have wanted to let it
grow, but it keeps getting to a point where it looks kind of wild, so I've
kept it short. If I have to get chemo,  I'll shave my noggin, (it is a low
maintenance hair cut), take the wig out of the closet and go on.

I have utmost faith in Sloan and this doctor, so I'm going to try not to
worry.  This afternoon I'm going to take it easy.  I'm going to bring
Butterscotch, Fred and Ethel, and Jim Carey, (all my birds), into the living
room and get cozy on this lovely winter's day we have here in NY with my
embroidery and some good books.

I love you all very much, and will keep you apprised of anything new,

Martha