Re: [MOL] The power of prayer ! [03374] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] The power of prayer !

&$  Dear Friends:  I would like to tell you a short story on the power of prayer Thanks lillian

At the time I was living in Vermont, we aleady had ample snow on the ground; but the weather reports stated a blizzard was heading in that evening.  My delimna was that of a few things.  First I had promised a nun I would take her to hear this really well known minister on a lecture on prayer at the Univ. of Vt.  Then I am not noted for my driving in any kind of weather and my husband was none too pleased that I intended to honor my promise.

Out the door I go, brrr it was windy and cold and that snow was pelting away.  I made it to the convent.  When the nun greeted me I said "sister, let's just hope my car will start".  We got in and guess......Right the battery was dead!

Since the Univ. was only a few blocks away we descided we would hoof it to the lecture.

The lecturer, who's name eludes me, was really great.  He spoke on how we pray all wrong. " We beg God, we plead, we make promises, we bargin with Him.  No, no, said the lecturer, if you really want God's help tell Him. You heard me, tell Him!
Say something like "Hey God, listen to me, I need your help and I need it right now.  Now if you really want me to do such and such, then You are just going to have to help me, that's it".

Goodness, I never prayed in that manner, I was a begger, pleader, promiser, the whole nine yards.

The nun and I walked back to my car.  Now a battery that is dead, simply does not start when the weather has gotton colder and colder.  I raised my head to the sky, got into the car and said:  Now listen God, I went to so much trouble to get to hear the lecture on prayer from this man of cloth, that now You have to help me!"  I put the key into the ingnition and.... and......and...... to be continued!

                       love you all,  B P