Re: [MOL] Mom has ? on nervousness/reply [03085] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Mom has ? on nervousness/reply

Hi PJ!

Just a comment on the synthyroid.  .05 mg. makes sense.  I would guess from
that, that she has an underactive thyroid.  For example, a dose for someone
with no thyroid gland might be something like .15mg.  Anyway, if your
thyroid is underactive, you need to get a thyroid profile, (blood test), run
every once in a while.  There's T3, T4, TSH, and even I think, a T7 and T8.
Lots of times doctors seem content these days to just do the TSH, (stands
for thyroid stimulating hormone).  I don't know.  After my surgery when I
had the whole gland removed, they used to run the whole bunch!

Whenever I go to the doctor now, I ask for a copy of whatever the heck they
did.  Of course, she should talk to her doctor, but the blood tests are
pretty easy to read at least insofar as they tell you what your value is and
the range for what's considered normal.  Of course, if something is high or
low, I go back to the doctor and say what the heck does this, that I'm high
or low in, measure.

Have a great trip dear, and feel much better soon.

Love and Hugs,

Martha