Re: [MOL] sending you love - from Wayne and Mam [03082] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] sending you love - from Wayne and Mam

It's kind of fun.  When we used to borrow my neighbors canoe and follow them
in the summer, we would always make bird sounds, but we never fooled any of
them.  They look very nice when they scoot off in a big swath of feathers to
come to rest some distance across the pond.

I saw a skunk once in our old neighborhood which was closer to NYC.  I had
never seen one so close.  It was night; I was on my way home and had picked
it up in my headlights.  I was looking at it and like an idiot starting
driving slowly down the street, watching it.  It slowed down, looked a
little scared and started noticing me, so I scooted around the corner to
home.

I saw a coyote up here in the country about 5 miles from our new house.  It
was also evening.  I just picked it up in my headlights.  I didn't know what
the heck it was.  It looked kind of like an emaciated dog.  Then there was
this article in the paper about coyote sitings, with a picture of one,
advising people to keep small pets and small children indoors as it gets
dark.

One time in the daytime Tony and me were driving down a nearby street and
about 5 or 6 wild turkeys crossed the road.  I was so shocked--I think I
screamed AAAAAAHHHHHH, for a good 10 seconds.  It's hard to explain---do you
get, or did you get, the TV show "Leave it to Beaver" down there?  That's
sort of what it was like where I grew up on Long Island, NY.  Maybe PJ can
explain it better.

Lots of Love,

Martha