Re: [MOL] colon cancer radiation complications [02237] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] colon cancer radiation complications

Dear Barbara:  How good of you to be such a fine advocate for your friend at
Church.  You are to be commended.  I have found many sites for you to go to
in regards to this condition.  I would also suggest that you call the NCI @
1-800-4-CANCER for the names of the best treatment facility and doctors.  By
all means your friend should have a second opinion or even third opinion.
There is always the possibility of lazer surgery that may be of help before
a colos. is done.  I can't really answer that; but I am sending you the
sites to explore and hope we have been of help to you.  Your friend, lillian

"She
had been seen by several colleagues and referred to me, with the presumption
of a recto-vaginal fistula" ( a sigmoid colostomy had been anticipated as
the first step if a fistula would have been diagnosed). Case Study

3.   Vaginal Fistula
90% - Articles & General info:  Vaginal Fistula Vaginal Fistula Back to
previous level Rectovaginal Fistula Search PUBMED for articles on
Rectovaginal Fistula:    All    Review    Therapy    Diagnosis Vesicovaginal
Fistula Search PUBMED... 04/06/98
Educational site:  http:/ / www.ohsu.edu/ cliniweb/ C23/ C23.439.775.html

5.   CORS Publications
90% - Articles & General info:  CORS Publications Department of Colorectal
Surgery 1996-1997 Publications TITLE AUTHORS JOURNAL VOLUME YEAR MONTH
Surgical approaches to low anovaginal fistula in Crohn's disease.... Date
Not Available
Non-profit site:  http:/ / www.ccf.org/ pc/ cors/ corspub.htm

6.   Rectal Fistula
89% - Articles & General info:  Rectal Fistula Rectal Fistula Back to
previous level Rectovaginal Fistula Search PUBMED for articles on
Rectovaginal Fistula:    All    Review    Therapy    Diagnosis Last update:
04/06/98 ... 04/06/98
Educational site:  http:/ / www.ohsu.edu/ cliniweb/ C6/
C6.405.469.478.650.html

7.   URPS Chapter 8
89% - Directories & Lists:  URPS Chapter 8 VIII. Rectovaginal Fistula
Terminal Objectives: The fellow must be able to diagnose and treat a
rectovaginal fistula. Enabling Objectives: The fellow must... 03/11/98
Non-profit site:  http:/ / www.abog.org/ guide/ urps/ chap_8.htm

  18.   Re: S-pouch to vagina fistula surgery
82% - Articles & General info:  Re: S-pouch to vagina fistula surgery
J-Pouch Discussion [ Home | Contents | Search | Post | Reply | Next |
Previous | Up ]... Date Not Available
Non-profit site:  http:/ / www.j-pouch.org/
.   Preliminary experience with laparoscopic intestinal surgery for Crohn's
disease....
80% - Articles & General info:  Preliminary experience with laparoscopic
intestinal surgery for Crohn's disease. The Virtual Medical Center [ Journal
Club | Support Group | Success Stories | Educational Material... Date Not
Available
Commercial site:  http:/ / mediconsult.com/ noframes/ ibd/ journal/
automation/ 960102033002.html