[MOL] What Goes Around, Comes Around [02171] Medicine On Line

[MOL] What Goes Around, Comes Around

Forwarded to you by
Grandtime@aol.com (Rich Kuchinsky)
Sandy, Utah

Truth is stranger than fiction.  Unbelievable but true!!!

What Goes Around, Comes Around

His name was Fleming, and he was a poor Scottish farmer.
One day, while trying to eke out a living for his family, he
heard a cry for help coming from a nearby bog.  He dropped
his tools and ran to the bog.  There, mired to his waist in
black mulch, was a terrified boy, screaming and struggling
to free himself.  Farmer Fleming saved the lad from what
could have been a slow and terrifying death.

The next day, a fancy carriage pulled up to the Scotsman's
sparse surroundings.  An elegantly dressed nobleman stepped
out and introduced himself as the father of the boy Farmer
Fleming had saved.  "I want to repay you," said the
nobleman.  "You saved my son's life."

"No, I can't accept payment for what I did," the Scottish
farmer replied, waving off the offer.  At that moment, the
farmer's own son came to the door of the family hovel.  "Is
that your son?" the nobleman asked.  "Yes," the farmer
replied proudly.

"I'll make you a deal.  Let me take him and give him a good
education.  If the lad is anything like his father, he'll
grow to a man you can be proud of."

And that he did.  In time, Farmer Fleming's son graduated
from St. Mary's Hospital Medical School in London, and went
on to become known throughout the world as the noted Sir
Alexander Fleming, the discoverer of penicillin.

Years afterward, the nobleman's son was stricken with
pneumonia.  What saved him?  Penicillin.

The name of the nobleman?  Lord Randolph Churchill.  His
son's name? Sir Winston Churchill.

Someone once said, "What goes around, comes around."