[MOL] Adenocarcinoma [01399] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Adenocarcinoma

Dear Participants:  My mother had surgery yesterday, and I was told her
cancer, a lung cancer, was an adenocarcinoma. The tumor was removed, and
we await results of the biopsy of adjacent tissue. I have searched the
internet with no results to determine what is the definition of this
form of cancer. The surgeon has informed me that the cancer, should it
be found in surrounding tissue, is not treatable. Can anyone give me
more information about adenocarcinoma? Thank you so much, Linda Granell
Simpson