RE: [MOL] Which Doctor? [01305] Medicine On Line

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

RE: [MOL] Which Doctor?

Title: RE: [MOL] Which Doctor?

Hi -- I don't think that's a bad approach -- to let your OBGYN recommend someone -- just be sure he sends you to a specialist.  Also, be sure he checks you out thoroughly, too.  You could be having female problems.  I sympathize with you, and wonder why you've suffered for so long without doing something.  I suggest you ask the doctor for something to improve your bowel habits, too.  My husband had an intestinal abcess a couple of weeks ago.  He was in severe pain, but everything is okay.  You definitely should be checked for colon cancer, though.  Try not to panic -- this doesn't mean you have it! Good luck.  You'll get better advice than this -- I promise.  We have some very smart people here.  Kathy in Boise

-----Original Message-----
[]On Behalf Of Gude, Tayrn
Sent: Wednesday, February 10, 1999 9:58 AM
To: ''
Subject: [MOL] Which Doctor?

I've been having severe intestinal cramping (not normally followed by a
bowel movement) for the last several months.  My bowels habits have not been
the best (one bowel movement every 7-10 days) for as long as I can remember.
Given the intense pain in my mid-section that I've been experiencing lately,
I'm thinking that something is terribly wrong.  What kind of physician
should I consult for this matter?  I have a habit of going to my OB-GYN and
letting him recommend a physician. (In fact, I have an appointment in two
days with him.)  Is this a good approach?

Any help ASAP would be appreciated.
This is an automatically-generated notice.  If you'd like to be removed
from the mailing list, please visit the Medicine-On-Line Discussion Forum
at <>, or send an email message to:
with the subject line blank and the body of the message containing the line:
unsubscribe mol-cancer your-email-address
where the phrase your-email-address is replaced with your actual email