[MOL] Which Doctor? [01298] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Which Doctor?

I've been having severe intestinal cramping (not normally followed by a
bowel movement) for the last several months.  My bowels habits have not been
the best (one bowel movement every 7-10 days) for as long as I can remember.
Given the intense pain in my mid-section that I've been experiencing lately,
I'm thinking that something is terribly wrong.  What kind of physician
should I consult for this matter?  I have a habit of going to my OB-GYN and
letting him recommend a physician. (In fact, I have an appointment in two
days with him.)  Is this a good approach?

Any help ASAP would be appreciated.