[MOL] Interesting books, Nancy, Steve [00743] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Interesting books, Nancy, Steve

Steve, thanks for the new title. I will see if it available at our library
or buy it. I have done a lot of reading myself and really believe prolonged
fever and heat does kill cancer cells. I have undergone a few sweat lodge
treatments and use saunas whenever I can plus other lifestyle changes. The
first sweat lodge I attended was high heat for 3 hours and took courage to
stay in though they do open the flaps 4 times. Other books I have read and
helped me to remain as well as I can for as long as possible.

Beating Cancer with Nutrition: Dr. Patrick Quillan
Allergic to the Twentieth Century, Peter Radetsky
Paradox and Healing, Greenwood and Nunn
Your Body Speaks Your Mind, Debbie Shapero
The Power of the Mind to Heal, Joan Borysenko, Ph.D (and other books)
Peace, Love and Healing, Dr. Bernie Siegel (and other books)
The Healer Within, Stephen Locke
Permanent Remissions, Robert Haas, (an easy read)
The 22 Non-Negotiable Laws of Wellness, Greg Anderson (and other books)
Any books by Dr. Abram Hoffer

At 01:19 AM 2/5/99 EST, you wrote:
> [...]
>Nanc :-)
>
>In a message dated 2/5/99 12:06:08 AM Eastern Standard Time, Mntlvr23@AOL.COM
>writes:
>
><< Subj:	 Re: [MOL] Doctors & Neg Messages / Interesting Book
> Date:	2/5/99 12:06:08 AM Eastern Standard Time
> From:	Mntlvr23@AOL.COM
> Sender:	owner-mol-cancer@lists.meds.com
> Reply-to:	mol-cancer@lists.meds.com
> To:	mol-cancer@lists.meds.com
>
> Hello All, and thanks for the wonderful notes.
>
> I am reading an interesting book called "Remarkable Recovery" by Hirshberg &
> Barasch (1995).  It seems to fit well with the philosophy of this
outstanding
> forum of  Mol - Angels.  I thought someone may be interested in my
>preliminary
> summary and review (I'm not quite done with it yet). I've done an awful lot
>of
> reading lately, I usually stop at night when my eyes can't stay open
anymore.

> By "Remarkable Recovery" they don't necessarily mean complete curing but
> include such conditions as: spontaneous remission, unexpected remission,
> growth equilibrium, delayed progression and unexpectedly long survival, etc.
> In the book they recount dozens of representative cases that they have come
> across.
>
> The general premise is that while not enough is known about cancer, many
> factors that may help us learn about certain mechanisms of recovery are
> virtually ignored.  Unfortunately doctors tend to keep records on only
>certain
> "medically measureable" items such as blood count, size of tumors, number of
> months, etc.   Intangible human elements such as personality, attitude,
> spirituality, etc. are virtually ignored and are not recorded.
>
> When the not so uncommon event of remarkable recovery occurs, doctors cannot
> explain it, tend scratch their heads and write it off as a "statistical
>blip".
> The human factors which may have contributed are never documented in the
> medical records and therefore cannot be learned from.
>
> The writers set off to find and research these remarkable recoveries to see
>if
> they could find some common denominators threading together their cases.
>They
> studied interesting factors in various cases which seem to have contributed,
> including:
>
> Biological Factors  - Our miraculous bodies may well have the mechanisms to
> fight almost anything including cancer, but the body needs a jumpstart to
>turn
> on those genes.  (i.e. remissions that occurred after a extremely high
> prolonged fever turning on the immune system / or immune system jumpstarted
> after injection of other viruses)
>
> Mind/Body Interactions  -  Visualization of the body and drugs physically
> attacking the cancer cells and winning.  Effects of hypnosis.
Suggestibility