RE: [MOL] what if???? [00646] Medicine On Line

RE: [MOL] what if????

Hi!

I don't think anybody here can answer your question.  You are best to take it
up with your doctor and if he doesn't know, get another opinion.
Unfortunately, just from reading the papers, it is not unheard of to have an
infection which doesn't respond to antibiotics.  I have metastatic breast
cancer, a little of which is in my lungs, and had a lung infection which
responded very well to antibiotics.

I used to work as a hospital social worker.  Some of the hospitals were better
than others.  Probably the least good was a City hospital where I worked on a
medical/surgical unit.  Although people came in for all kinds of surgery;
sometimes I used to joke with people that it was the cholecystectomy unit
because so many people were getting their gallbladders out.  After the surgery
a high percentage of people would develop infection in their bile ducts,
which, I think is real close to the gallbladder.  I don't know and still
don't, but as I said, it wasn't that great a hospital, and I always figured it
was because the surgeons who did the gallbladder surgery didn't do such hot
jobs.

I never heard it described as an inflammation, as you talk about.  But as I
said, gee, ask your doctor.  We are not doctors for the most part, although do
have one or two and a nurse or two.
You sound like you must be talking to some doctor, but if they aren't helping,
ask another.  I have most of my life, regarding illness, always prescribed to
the philosophy that I would much rather be an ostrich with my head in the sand
and not know anything.  But the new, improved me, has learned that there is
nothing worse than not knowing and worrying.  Also, you are wasting time
worrying when you could be getting good medical care that could help.

Love and Hugs,

Martha Cerreto