RE: [MOL] colon cancer [00395] Medicine On Line

RE: [MOL] colon cancer

Title: RE: [MOL] colon cancer

Dear Lynn:  Sorry to take so long to reply.  The fact that your friend's doctor is encouraging a clinical trial is a very good sign, trust me.  I was fortunate enough to be accepted into a clinical trial over a year ago -- small cell lung cancer.  I don't know anything about Panorex, nor did I know anything much about the chemotherapy I was given at the time.  I just knew I was lucky to get into the trial.  I've been cancer free since last March, and my prognosis was not at all hopeful.  My treatment was aggressive and unpleasant, but the results have been worth it.  Tell your friend not to be frantic.  Learn what you can and tell him to be grateful.  Colon cancer is one of the easiest forms of cancer to treat.  Hope this helps.  Kathy C. in Boise, Idaho