Re: [MOL] PJ [03388] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] PJ

PJ,
I'm glad you got up the nerve to call your friend. I have discovered along
the way, on this cancering journey, how important friendships are and
helping each other wherever we can.
That is great that you joined a fitness club and are intent on losing
weight.The fact that you are doing it for yourself, and no one else, will
help to ensure your   success. Just be certain that you are following a
path to health and wellness and not get caught up in the social idea of
body image. Love yourself, no matter how you look. It is what is inside
that is the most important and we love you.
Christine

At 09:52 PM 29/01/99 -0500, you wrote:
>I absolutely love this.
>I'm going to send this to a friend that I haven't seen for a long time.
>I'm really upset because he and I are going thru the same with our parents
>having colon cancer.  He was a big part of my life and when our lives went in
>different directions I always had him in my heart.  He was alwsys there for
>me.  I could tell him anything and he listened.   I finally got enough nerve
>to call him the other day and I hope when I feel better with the way I look I
>can meet him for lunch.
>I'm just really upset with my weight and now that I'm the track to WELLNESS
>I'm going to make sure I see him and let him know I'm here and I can't think
>of a better way to do it then send him your lovely words.
>I finally resolved within    m e   that I need to lose weight for me and not
>for my husband, mother, aunt uncle , neighbor or the guy in the gas station
>but for me.  Something just clicked and I said enough.  I have been so
>enlightened by this group and I want to be here to help and listen to all of
>you and I can't do that if my own body is not being taken care of.  Joining
>the health club was a HUGE step for me and it makes me feel like I'm 10 years
>younger.
>It's funny when I was younger and skinnier (now 34) I would say oh how could
>people not exercise or lose weight.  Boy did that bullet bite me hard.....So
>here I am finally my mind focused on starting a business and starting
WELLNESS