[MOL] Marty Re: Greg [03353] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Marty Re: Greg

Hello Marty,

I am handling Greg's email for him again and I noticed your letter to Shona.  I can tell you some things about Greg and I will get you a more detailed list of Greg's meds/treatments from my mom later and fwd. them to you.

Greg has NHL Burkitt's, stage 4.  He was diagnosed about 1 year ago but has had health problems longer than that, starting in approx. Nov. of 97 when he had a burst appendix.  He was not diagnosed correctly at first and when they finally found the correct diagnosis, he was already found to be at stage 4.  He he also has lupus but it isn't active as far as I know.  Our sister died of complications from Lupus, also.  He had his spleen out due to it being enlarged, as well as 2 large tumors along with it.  He had severe bleeding problems and this seems better since the spleen was removed.  He has had pneumonia almost constantly since he was diagnosed, also he had his adenoids out.  He has tumors on his kidney and liver, and enlarged lymph nodes all through his stomach area.  He has had radiation and chemo, the drugs he had and is on now I will fwd. to you since I don't know off hand.  Something called Chop, I do know.  He also had recently drugs injected into his spineal column and others right into his liver area.  The chemo that he had earlier this year did not slow the growth of his tumors and they have found it in his bone marrow and spinal column.

Right now he's in the hospital with increased pressure on his brain and confusion, fever and pneumonia.  One of his kidneys is failing and he has too much fluid in his body.  They drained fluid out of his lungs and that's helped his breathing.  His tumors are

Later when I get a chance I will talk with my mom and tell you more about the drugs and how long he was on them and what other things they are trying.  He is also on a feeding tube.  My mom has been staying at the hospital with him and she's exhausted.

I hope this is helpful, I really do appreciate your concern and that you inquired.  Thank you so much,

Sarah

You can reach me at

Sarahwburg@imaginemail.com  or

Sarahwburg@hotmail.com