[MOL] Retirement [03267] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Retirement

Retirement
After Christmas break, a teacher asked her young pupils how they spent their
holidays.  One small boy wrote the following:
We always used to spend Christmas with Grandpa and Grandma.  They used live
here in a big brick home, but Grandpa got retarded and they moved to Florida.
Now they live in a place with a lot of other retarded people.
They all live in little tin boxes.  They ride on three-wheeled tricycles and
they all wear name tags because they don't know who they are.  They go to a
big building called a wrecked hall, but if it was wrecked, they got it fixed
because it is all right now.  They play games and do exercises there, but they
don't do them very good.  There is a swimming pool there.  They go in it and
just stand there with their hats on.  I guess they don't know how to swim.
As you go into their park, there is a doll house with a little man sitting in
it.  He watches all day so they can't get out without him seeing  them.
When they can sneak out they go to the beach and pick up shells that  they
think are dollars.   My grandma used to bake cookies and stuff, but I guess
she forgot  how.  Nobody cooks, they just eat out.  They eat the same thing
every night.......early birds. Some of the people are so retarded they  don't
know how to cook at all, so my Grandma and Grandpa bring food into the
wrecked hall and they call it "Pot Luck."
My Grandma says Grandpa worked all his life and earned his retardment.  I
wish they would move back up here, but I guess the little man in the  doll
house won't let them out!