Re: [MOL] lillian RED BEATS!!!! [03188] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] lillian RED BEATS!!!!

We grow beets every year in the garden. Alec loves them. I believe he
prepares them as Lillian said. The peel comes off after boiling and the
water turns red. I only like the beet leaves. You prepare them the same way
and taste much like spinach but without the gritty taste.
They only take about 3 weeks to grow so you can plant several times in a
season and there is no waste as you can eat beet and leaves. A great
vegetable (or is it like a tomato and not considered a vegetable?).
Christine

---------