RE: [MOL] In need of information [03152] Medicine On Line

RE: [MOL] In need of information

Title: RE: [MOL] In need of information

Hello:  I'm a probate paralegal in Idaho.  If your grandmother's estate was probated, there was a personal representative or an executor appointed to administer the estate.  That person would have the authority to request your grandmother's medical records from all medical providers.  This would simply be a matter of filling out a medical release form and signing it as personal representative of the estate.  There's probably a photocopying fee for obtaining this information -- around $20.00 or so.  A death certificate would give you minimal information, and can take some time to receive, depending on what state you're in.  Arizona can take up to eight weeks!  I hope this helps.  Your friend, Kathy in Boise