Re: [MOL] RE: About my Friend........ [03047] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] RE: About my Friend........

Dear Nanc:  What a terribly sad story.  There are people like that -- I've
known two myself.  Close friends who turned out to be horribly
self-destructive.  My best friend since I was 11 years old was Suzanne.  We
went all through high school together, and when we were in our early
twenties, we were roommates.  We rented a cute, little house here in Boise
and had the best time.  She was very cute then, but even when she was very
young, she had a drinking problem.  Her parents were both alcoholics.  Her
mother died at 55 from schorosis (sp) of the liver.  Sue and I hadn't seen
each other for about 15 years when I came back to Idaho from Oregon.  It was
shocking, the change in her.  She, too, was always drunk, dirty,
chain-smoking, etc.  She had a baby at the age of 40 out of wedlock.  The
poor baby had the alcohol syndrome.  Suzanne died in her sleep a year later.
She had drunk herself to death.  My other friend -- also an alcoholic --
committed suicide when she was 42.  These were both very intelligent, funny,
attractive women.  They just didn't love themselves enough, I guess.  I do
know how you feel, though, Nanc.  It's hard to deal with.  Both your friends
were fortunate to have you for a friend.  Love, Kathy