[MOL] RE: About my Friend........ [02986] Medicine On Line

[MOL] RE: About my Friend........

Hi PJ,
Thank you for your kind words,  it really helps.  I just got back up, couldn't
sleep.  I think I had better be careful about saying that I'm getting cabin
fever, I wasn't that bored that God had to take my friend.  I will just have
to stay happy all the time and greatful for all that all that I do have.
Thank God that he blessed me with more then one friend.  Nonie was my Mol
cancer forum friend, Evie Kubon was my neighbor and friend for 30 years, she
died by herself.  Thinking back, it was funny how we became friends.  My X and
I bought the house beside her & her family, she had 3 kids and we had 4 at the
time.  They had a dog the would go around the fence and down the drive to our
back yard and get into our garbage and just strew it all over our back yard.
So I would call and ask if they would please keep their Dog to home, about the
4th week of this and her screaming on the phone and telling me to keep my
garbage in my garage, I very calmly said fine, that I had another solution to
the problem and hung up.  I went out in the back yard and picked up the
garbage, put it in our can, went over to the fence, and dumped it into their
yard, she came out her back door, just yelling, I calmly said, he likes my
garbage so well, I thought it best that I just gave it to him cause he might
get hit by a car on the way over here, and if you didn't like the mess, then
you can see what it was like to clean up after him.  I went back in the house.
Later I seen our hubbys out back talking over the fence.  Laughing and joking
around, my hubby came in the house and thanked me for tossing the garbage over
the fence, because of that the guys were going out fishing in the morning, our
garbage was fish remains from the fish my hubby had caught the first part of
the week.  They thought it was funny what us women were doing.  Her Hubby put
their Dog on a chain, the next week they invited us ladys to go fishing with
them, we've been best friends ever since.  We both caught our hubbys cheating
and I kicked mine out, and her hubby just went to work and didn't come home
until he served her with papers, for divorce and what he wanted, and when he
wanted to get it.  Mine was more friendly, he was still the father of my
children, and I wanted them to have a relationship with each other without
problems.  I raised my children and never dated until I had the youngest in
8th grade, Don and I met and married when she was in 12th grade.  Evie never
was able to shake the hurt and bitterness, it took over her life, she soon was
on oxygen, drinking until she was drunk every night on gin and squirt, and
smoking one after another cigg.  It got to the point that I was her only
friend that still stopped to visit her and call her on the phone, such a fine
Lady, what a waist.  Her Sister brought her over last fall for BBQ Baby Back
Ribs, and I had just talked to her on the Phone last week-end.  I feel bad
that she was all by herself, she was able to dial 911, but they were to late
to save her life.  I do feel good knowing that she is in a finer place where
she will finally be at peace.  My Dear Friend Evie.  God Bless Her Soul.  Her
Sister is flying in from VA and will be staying with us until Sunday.
 Thank you for listening.
 Love and prayers to you, and yours,
 Nanc

---- Begin included message ----