Fwd: [MOL] Hello ! [02884] Medicine On Line

Fwd: [MOL] Hello !

In a message dated 1/27/99 8:42:52 PM Eastern Standard Time, fm.haynes@gte.net
writes:

> Hi ! I just found out that my 76 year old father has pancreatic cancer it is
in is stomach, pancrease, lymphnoids, and possibly in his lungs. My questions
to anyone is how the hell do you get through this. I am 31 years old with a 6
month old baby. I am not ready for my father to die damn it.
>  Fanc

Hi Fanc,
I'm not sure I have enough experience to qualify me to be of much help.  I can
only tell you that this forum saved my sanity and the people here are a "God-
send"!  I am 46 years old; I lost my mother at 21 and last August learned that
my 75-year old father has lung cancer (in both lungs and some nodes).  I am no
more ready to lose him now at 46 than I was to lose my mother at 21 -- I had a
4 month old baby at the time.  Though I now have a grown son and a sister in
another state, in some ways my father is the only family I have left.

At first my prayers screamed and with tearful wails begged and demanded God to
grant my father 5 more years, which was all my father asked for.  Then it was
two years, then one year...now I ask that whatever time God has alotted simply
to be enough, to be peaceful and pain-free as possible.  Enough time to say
all we need to say, to do all that needs doing, to love, to give all that's
needed.  After all, do any of us have more than enough time?

But not to diminish this group in any way, first and foremost was God.  He is
the one I truly have put my hope and faith in, because everything is
ultimately in His Hands.  If He does take my father now, it may be to spare
him further suffering, not just from the disease but even the kind of pain
family can cause...  I absolutely refuse to give up hope!  Hope - in GOD -
that my father will be granted restored health, sufficiently restored to enjoy
life awhile longer.  And though I was very upset when I learned he would have
to undergo the brutal treatments of chemo, it hasn't been for naught (or the
Lord has so seen to it) because his tumor has shrunk considerably!  I keep the
candles burning....

Sorry I am of such little help.
Chris R.

---- Begin included message ----