[MOL] WHEN YOU THOUGHT I WASN'T LOOKING [02047] Medicine On Line

[MOL] WHEN YOU THOUGHT I WASN'T LOOKING

WHEN YOU THOUGHT I WASN'T LOOKING
                By MARY RITA SCHILKE KORZAN

When you thought I wasn't looking you hung my first painting on the
refrigerator, and I wanted to paint another.

When you thought I wasn't looking you fed a stray cat, and I thought
it was good to be kind to animals.

When you thought I wasn't looking you baked a birthday cake just for
me, and I knew that little things were special things.

When you thought I wasn't looking you said a prayer, and I believed
there was a God that I could always talk to.

When you thought I wasn't looking you kissed me good-night, and I
felt loved.

When you thought I wasn't looking I saw tears come from your eyes,
and I learned that sometimes things hurt--but that it's all right to
cry.

When you thought I wasn't looking you smiled, and it made me want to
look that pretty, too.

When you thought I wasn't looking you cared, and I wanted to be
everything I could be.

When you thought I wasn't looking--I looked . . . and wanted to say
thanks for all those things you did when you thought I wasn't
looking.

(From the book... "Stories for the Heart" Compiled by Alice
Gray Multnomah Books.)